#213: Iran-Pak | Not a war but a fixed match!
Analysis that no one will tell you!
NEWS: Iran & Pak are firing missiles at each other
But did you know? It's a fixed match!😮
Kyu? Kya? Kaise?
Samjho iss post mein!👇🏼
Neither Pak nor Iran can afford a war
Pak worries about India on east and a violent insurgency from Afghan on west.
Iran, on the contrary is 'engaged' too!
• Houthis in Red Sea
• Backing Hamas in Palestine
• Hezbollah active along Lebanon-Israel border
Then why are they 'firing' at each other?
Answer: Making a STATEMENT
Direct confrontation with India (for Pak) & Saudi/Israel for Iran is a no-go zone
Therefore, the duo fired missiles at each other!
To state intent to respective 'enemies'
But CSEWhy, is it not violation of International law?
Yeah! It is an act of war to fire on another state
Which is where they found another common enemy!
Who are Balochs?
Like Kurds, Balochs are ethnic minority
They are spread across diff countries (see map)
Take a look!👇🏻
• 90 lakhs live along Iran-Pak border
• 5 lakh live in Afghanistan
Across the borders, Balochis share links in ethnic, cultural, linguistic, religious domains.
What happens to Balochis in:
• Pakistan: Politically & Physically distant from Punjabi regime
• Iran:Religious minority persecuted by the state
but CSEWhy, how are they a common enemy?
• It is a homeland rich in natural resources
• Insurgents make use of porous borders to strike on Irani/Pakistani assets
What did Iran do?
Attack assets of Jaish Al-Adl in Pakistan
What did Pakistan do?
Attack Baloch Liberation Army base in Iran
Result? Both eliminated threats to self! 🙃🙂
But wait! How is it relevant for New Delhi?👇🏼
In response to this 'attack, India released a statement
India shares friendly & meaningful ties with Iran
• Energy sector cooperation
• Chabahar port to counter China funded Gwadar
C Raja Mohan sir has a unique point to make here:
"India has long maintained that Pak harbors terrorists. Iran is simply making the same claim"
India, as per CRM, had similar justification for Balakot
Largely, Indian interest stands unimpacted here!
Closing this post with this image day of 'firing'
Get smarter everyday for #UPSC with such fresher perspectives