Discover more from UPSC CSE Why Newsletter
#170: Why Hamas attacked Israel now?
3 pointers for UPSC Mains GS2 IR; if the need be!
3 pointers to note for #UPSC aspirants on why Hamas attacked Israel yesterday?
• Building resentment in Palestinians
• Israel's domestic politics
• Saudi-Israel normalization talks
Detailed pointers on all three below👇🏼
1. Building resentment in Palestinians
• Regular military raids; no peace process
• Consistent air strike attacks from Gaza on Israel
• Raid on Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem (3rd holiest Islamic site)
2. Israel's Domestic Politics
• Irregular elections cycle
• Inconsistent domestic politics
• Govt. focus on the legislative agenda
3. Israel-Saudi normalization talks
• Hard to ignore geopolitics angle
• Saudi is custodian of 2 holiest Islamic sites
• Normalization is not in the interest of Iran and Hezbollah of Lebanon
Source: The Hindu
Are you a brand, a creator, an aspirant or an educator?
Hi, at @CSEWhy I invite you to grow with me. How?