Discover more from UPSC CSE Why Newsletter
#165: Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam 2023
The macro and micro details
Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam 2023
The bill received the assent of Lok Sabha
The first big canvas news from the new parliament, the debate on this is 27 years old.
At CSEWhy, I had predicted this on Sept 5
As a #UPSC aspirant, take a look at key provisions of the bill HERE
Provisions of the bill
• Verdict 1/3 of total seats to be reserved for women in LS (and state assemblies including Delhi)
• New Article Introduces Articles 330A & 332A in the constitution for LS & States respectively
• New Articles The reservation will be for a period of 15 years
• Not till 2029! (at least) To come into effect after delimitation exercise which can happen only after the census.
- Census 2021 is yet to commence
- Delimitation can't happen before 2026 as per 2001 amendment
(Test your knowledge: Reply with article numbers related to delimitation for Parliament & State assembly)
Are you a brand, a creator, an aspirant or an educator? Hi, at @CSEWhy I invite you to grow with me. How?