Discover more from UPSC CSE Why Newsletter
#133: USA's new weapon against India
Imp for UPAC Mains
India-USA ties are at an all time high. But did you know of this US weapon that shall worry India?👇🏼🤔
It is Rules Based Order
Sadly, no one on #UPSC Twitter is teaching about this for Mains answers & Interview
Phrase: "Rules Based Order"
Meaning: An order whose rules are mostly made in the USA 🇺🇸 (mostly after World War II)
Some of these rules are⚔️
- Sovereign equality
- Non-interference & Peace
- Human Rights, Gender Equality & Rule of Law
Now, here are 'some' of US actions
- Walking in & out | Afghanistan
- WMDs narrative | Iraq 'Invasion'
- Money and Guns | Pakistan
Above actions show great 'respect' for everything from sovereignty to human rights or rule of law🤭
So, what does 'Rule based order' even mean?
Effectively, it means that these Rules shall arrive at order favorable for US.
It aims to establish US primacy, undermine adversaries and topple governments!
What makes USA able to do this and escape scrutiny?👇🏼
Ruling the world as a world power. How?🤨
- Printing $ causes inflation across the world
- ATC languages across the world: English (USA decided)
- Fed actions are watched globally not for entertainment but impacts!
- US Movies set the narrative of good cop-bad cop across the world
Considering this, India shall beware of following & more
- Interference in civil society (Obama's comments)
- Misuse of tech diplomacy for cyber surveillance
- Reduced to a mere pawn in anti-China game
- Monopoly in military and trade diplomacy
How can India protect itself? 👇🏼
How can India guard its national interest?
- Reliable allies
- Shrewd diplomacy
- Adequate hard power
- Expanded supply chains
- Atmanirbharta in manufacturing
Concludingly, it follows that prudent states should not assume that a norm (of rules based order) against conquest will suffice to protect them.
Remember, in International Relations there are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests. National Interests.💪🏻
Hi, at @CSEWhy I invite you to support me! You can do that in three simple ways:
Become a blog contributor and have your write ups featured on my blog. Write me an email if you’d want to be a contributor at email@example.com
Share the link to this post on your WhatsApp story
-OR- Contribute a small amount (Pay What You Want) by clicking here (I send a valuable gift to everyone who makes a contribution)
To find links to my Twitter, Telegram, YouTube and Podcast Visit my Website