Discover more from UPSC CSE Why Newsletter
#114: How to Solve Prelims 2023 on D-Day
Step by step guide
Step by step guide to solve #UPSCPrelims2023 paper on May 28
1. Do not make mistake of starting from first question you see!😱
In the first 20 mins, take a quick run of the paper.
- You'll find some one liners, mark them (eg: qubits in Pre 22)
- See any repeats from PYQs? Mark them! (Free marks)
Why is it important?
- Potential 14-30 marks in first 20 mins
- Will activate subconscious mind
- Give you an idea on pattern
- Shows you where are Polity Qs
2. Go to Map questions. These can be about
- location (eg: Siachen glacier location Pre 20)
- Places in News (eg: Neighbors of Afghanistan Pre 22)
- Important locations (eg: Ramsar Sites Pre 22)
- International Groupings (eg: G20 countries Pre 20)
3. Pick your favorite section
- Be it Polity or Economy
- Focus on nearing 60-72 marks by now
- Get done with first three steps in 55-65 mins
4. Risks, battles and war! Last one hour.
- Summon your best, trust your momentum
- Take calculated risks and make smart choices
- If you have eliminated 2 options at least, do mark it!
Some imp pointers
- Be thorough with PYQs and Maps
- It is not a game of your knowledge alone
- Leave the fear, anxiety, preconceptions at the exam door
- Play with probability. Pattern might change, probability is reality!
Trust your Bal. Buddhi. Vidya.